Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Provera and TTC

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Provera and TTC

Hi please help, im starin to loose mymind a little.....Im 28 and have never been pregnant slightly overweight but not too concerred and getting it back down periods were always regular and pain free went on for birth control, my husband has 1 child already and decided to start are own family. I came off the depo provera 15months ago and did not get a cycle, so the drs did the hormone checks, scans and iternal checks and said all is ok but perscribed provera 10mg 3 times a day for 10 days, althought gt my perscription wrong so first dose 10mg 3x for 7 days. AF came 8 days later light but thought due to not having bleeding for a long time, second round i took the 10 days came on 9 days later even lighter stopped after 2.5days back on for a hour here and there till now day 6......any ne been successful with only using provera or been in a similar situation and can ofer advice and what their next step was?

Thank you!!!
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that we need to ad a medication such as Clomid or Femara to your regimen.  Also, Provera can be give one time daily and will work just as well.  Provera will help you have a period, but won't help you ovulate--you need to ovulate to conceive.
Clomid or Femara are both medications that help induce ovulation.
You may need to ask for a referral to a ob/gyn or fertility specialist to get these medications.
You may need to use them for a short time only, just to jump start your normal cycles.
Good luck!
Dr B
I am also off depo for 14 months now. My dr put me on yasmin for 2 months to regulate my cycle because I didn't have a period. So I have been off yasmin for 7 months now and I have been on and off clomid the past 6 months and it didn't work. Is it possible that the depo shot is causing me not to get pregnant? How long does it actualy take to work out of your system? I've only used it once. Also since after yasmin birth control pill I have had very light periods which only last for 2 or 3 days is that normal?