Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Reson for constant pain
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Reson for constant pain

Dear Dr. Brown,

Recently i have been diagnosed with urinary tract infection ( im 27 years old and this is my first UTI). The urine culture showed that i had 10 000 bacteria e.coli per ml. The doctor prescribed me cipro. At the same time i had bacterial vaginosis and yeast. I am having recurrent bacterial vaginosis since i got sexually active. They have prescribed me always oral flagyl but this time the doctor prescribed me intravaginal metronidazole and oral antifungal medicines. It seems that intravaginal metronidazole is more effective then the oral one, and i hope that it is for a long time. Now my question is why do i still continue to have constant pains in the lower abdomen, where the uterur, urethra and end of the colon is? Uterus and ovaries ultrasound was completely normal. I feel at times very bloated and my lower tummy is tender and strong to touch, plus the constant pain in the lower abdomen, and pain when i urinate as well. What do you suggest or what is your advice?

Many thanks for your help