Should I start fertility drugs?
Hi I an 21 and am getting married in June. We want to have kids soon. My period is super spurtic and not consistent at all and where from 30 days to 3 months between. I am nervous about not being able to get pregnant when I want due to the fact I can never figure out my fertile days. What should I do? And should I go to dr to be put on a fertility drug sooner rather than later?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you to give nature a chance for awhile.  You are still young and have some time on your hands.  Then, if things weren't happening, I would do some hormone testing to see if the problem could be pinpointed.  If you are over your ideal body weight, dropping some weight can be a very good way to improve your fertility.
You should begin taking a prenatal vitamin as soon as you are married (or sexually active without birth control). If no signs of pregnancy within 6-12 months I would consider medications to help increase your chances of ovulating more regularly.
Good luck!
Dr B
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.