Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Slow rising beta levels..is there hope?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Slow rising beta levels..is there hope?

I just finished IVF and had a positive beta of 47 on 6/27. My beta only went up to 61 on 6/29 and today was only 86. My RE says its not good and has me coming in for US on 7/3 to possibly see if its ectopic. I had two blast implanted on day 5, any chance it could be vanishing twins? Is there any hope or should I just assume its over this time?
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would have to advise you that I would have very little hope that the pregnancy is viable.  With the quantitative beta hcg as low as it is I would be very doubtful that a healthy baby will result from this transfer.  I'm sorry and hope that I might be wrong!
Good luck!
Dr B
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker