Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Straining bowel movement affecting Embryo impant?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Straining bowel movement affecting Embryo impant?

I had IVF yesterday morning, I'm 36 years old soon to be 37.  They implanted 3 embryos that were 2+ grades.  Because of the recent retrievel process I've been constipated.  Yesterday, I strained during a bowel movement and I'm worried I may have hurt the embryos?  I've been on bed rest and I'm doing everything else.  Also, there is no reason we haven't been able to get pregnant naturally except that I don't ovulate normally.  It's all timing so they felt IVF was the best option to control timing.  
I'm worried I may have hurt our potential babies.  Can you please tell me if I have cause for concern?
thank you!
Tags: bowel