Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Straining bowel movement affecting Embryo impant?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Straining bowel movement affecting Embryo impant?

I had IVF yesterday morning, I'm 36 years old soon to be 37.  They implanted 3 embryos that were 2+ grades.  Because of the recent retrievel process I've been constipated.  Yesterday, I strained during a bowel movement and I'm worried I may have hurt the embryos?  I've been on bed rest and I'm doing everything else.  Also, there is no reason we haven't been able to get pregnant naturally except that I don't ovulate normally.  It's all timing so they felt IVF was the best option to control timing.  
I'm worried I may have hurt our potential babies.  Can you please tell me if I have cause for concern?
thank you!
Tags: bowel