Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Success with transfer of blast in IVF
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Success with transfer of blast in IVF

Hi,
Its been some time since I last ask a question. I'm 46 just did IVF with donor eggs. Donor is 31 with 2 children of her own. We got 10 eggs, 8 mature and 7 fertilized. Went out to day 5 transfer getting 2 at blast stage, 3 morulas and last two did not make it. We transfered the 2 blast on 11/13 and watched the 3 in
the lab another day in hopes that they would continue to grow
so we could freeze but they didn't make it. I have been reading studies on the success rate when transfering at blast stage and just wanted your input. My RE says he feels we are in pretty good shape. At blast they have around 80-120 cells is that right? He says they should hatch day 6 (day after transfer) and will implant 1-3 days after hatching. My pregnancy test is on 11/23. How soon do you think it will show if I chose to do a HPT?
Thanks for your time. Debra