Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
TTC after Abortion :(

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

TTC after Abortion :(

When I was 19, my boyfriend and I found out I was pregnant. At first we decided to keep it but then we realized we werent ready because we were in college. But now we are ready to be parents. But, after the abortion I didnt take any antibiotics only pain medicine. Sometimes i get a slight pressure on my lower left side that could be my ovary. My period changes month to month. Is there a possiblilty that it would be hard for me to get pregnant. If not, is there any thing I can do and take in order to better my chances of getting pregnant?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would reassure you that there is no evidence that having one abortion affects your fertility in any way.  The fact that your periods are irregular may be a problem, but only if you are having cycles that are longer than 35 days.  If you are having a montly period, chances are excellent that you will be able to conceive within one year.  If you haven't had any luck after a year of trying, it would be time at that point to get help from your doctor. If you are trying, you should be taking your folic acid.
Good luck!
Dr B