Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Thyroid levels and IVF Cycle
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Thyroid levels and IVF Cycle

I recently had a TSh becuase I am going through the cycle of becoming a surrogate. My level was 0.25 and I was told the range was 0.4-4.0. Should this level prevent the transfer from embryos or harm it or the baby? Should we ask for more test and medication to regulate?
Related Discussions
Repeat the TSH, and obtain a free T4 with it as well as thyroid antibodies. If it again comes back low I would recommend the opinion of a medical endocrinologist. The low TSH might not mean anything, or it could mean an overactive thyroid, which is treatable. For your own health, as well as for the baby you hope to carry, your thyroid gland status should be sorted out first. An overactive thyroid is treatable, and pretty common.
2 Comments
Blank
I had a repeat TSH and it was normal as well as Free T3 and T4.  However, I was positive for antibodies.  Should this pose a problem.  I have 4 kids and only one miscarriage in between 2 & 3.  The medical endocrinologist said we were fine because the labs indicated my thyroid function was fine.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank