Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Tons of meds

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Tons of meds

Prenatal Vitamin daily
Armour Thyroid 30 mg daily
Tenuate ER 75mg daily
Probiotic Acidophilus daily
Metformin 850mg bid
Calcium 500mg daily
Magnesium 250mg daily
Maca 500mg tid
Coenzyme Q-10 100mg tid
Cinnamon 500mg bid
L-Arginine 500mg tid
Vitex 400mg 2 bid
Omega-3 Fish Oil 1000mg tid
Chromium Polynicotinate 200mcg
Vitamin B-Complex sublingual

All the pills I am taking. I have pcos. Tried femara, surgery, dye test. Been trying for 4 years and I am DESPERATE! Are all these safe to take together? Anything I should add to my cocktail of pills? I have lost 40 lbs in the past 2 months and am working onlosing 40 more. Any thoughts?
Hi!
If you were my patient, the first thing I would do is congratulate you on you weight loss!  I would also tell you that you don't need to gain tons of weight in pregnancy--studies have shown that in overweight moms 10lbs is enough weight for a healthy baby.  Next thing I would do is refer you for IVF.  I would strongly encourage you to go before your egg count begins to diminish.
Finally, I would advise you to stop everything that you are taking that is not a prescription drug and begin a prenatal vitamin with folic acid.  I am not opposed to herbal and otc supplements, but you will have to stop them all anyway when you conceive--why not simplfy now?
Good luck!
Dr B