Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Trying to have a baby

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Trying to have a baby
I was wondering if my menstrual cycle was only 3 days long would that change when I ovulate.
Hi!
IF you were my patient, I would advise you that typically the duration of the period (the number of days of bleeding) does not impact the length of the cycle.  So probably the correct answer is "NO"
Good luck!
Dr B
You can always use ovulation predictor kits to help you track your ovulation too.