Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Ttc
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Ttc

Hi im 20 years old and me and my husband have been trying to have a baby for a year now went to the doctor to get all my levels checked waiting for results . never had a regular cycle but have been tryig to track ovulation this month so heres hoping
603463_tn?1220630455
HI!
If you were my patient, I would advise you to start reading up on PCOS or polycystic ovary syndrome.  If you don't have a regular cycle, it is because you are not ovulating regularly.  PCOS is the name we use, but there are many different causes.  Being overweight is the most common reason, and losing even 10% of a person's body weight can be helpful.
The good news is that the treatment is similar and usually just involves taking some medications to help you ovulate.
Once you get your blood work back, your doctor will likely prescribe something like Clomid +/- Metformin.
Good luck!
Dr B
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank