Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Tubal Recanalization

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Tubal Recanalization

I am considering doing tubal recanalization, has anyone had this procedure done and was it successful? Also, can someone suggest a doctor in Florida to perform it?
HI!
IF you were my patient, I would advise you that the procedure has a success rate of approximately 10-20%.  If I were going to refer you to a specialist, I would want to know that his/her success rates were similar.
The other consideration that you might have is whether or not this is going to be covered by insurance.
Depending upon your situation, IVF might have a much higher success rate.
I would strongly encourage you to schedule an appointment for consultation with a reproductive endocrinologist.  Ask about the success rate to cost ratio of the procedures. Preconceptual counseling visits are often covered by insurance and may point you in the direction that will get you the best results for the fewest $
Good luck!
Dr B