Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
WHEATGRASS anyone?

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

WHEATGRASS anyone?
Has anyone out there taken wheatgrass for high FSH?  I just read that it was one of the ways you can lower your FSH, so of course I ran out like a bat out of hell to Whole Foods to buy the delicasy as I am sure this is going to solve ALL of my fertility issues.  What I came home with was frozen cubes of wheatgrass that look like my cat's vomit.  So, here I am with frozen green cat puke and I have no idea how often to drink the stuff, how much of it, in the AM or PM, etc...

Any information would be so appreciated!

:-) kp
Why you want to lower your high fsh (and what exactly is ur fsh level). FSH is needed for follicle growth. If your ovarian reserve is low then your fsh is high due to that factor. so lowering of fsh level doesnt make any sense.
My FSH is 15.6...
It was my understanding that a high FSH doesn't necessarily mean low ovarian reserve (though it is likely).  ???
To think I drank cow cud/wheatgrass for no reason...
kp
In other words you are saying you believe that wheatgrass improves the ovarian reserve (number of ova) and thereby reducing the level of FSH.
No, I am not at all saying that wheatgrass improves ovarian reserve thus reducing the level of FSH.  It was my understanding that a lower FSH may help with the quality of mature eggs that are retrieved not the quantity that are left (as we do not produce more eggs, no matter what our FSH is).  I would guess (only a guess) that the lower your FSH is the better, as the reproductive system is not working so hard to ovulate and do it's "job".  This is why I asked about wheatgrass, which supposedly helps to decrease FSH levels.  
theres an amazing book called Inconceivable its worth your time. I read it and its full of hope and one womans natural way out of infertility. She cures herself when doctors told her nothing could be done. Go check it out if i remember correctly she had a lot of wheatgrass shots, yoga and conceived naturally. It was extremely helpful for me.
kp ~ i did the same thing.  my highest fsh was 15.7, i read inconceivable & ran out to whole foods & bought it .  it is pretty gross but if you drink it down with a straw and hold your nose (avoid any possibility of smelling it) it's doable.  i just had my day 3 bloods & both my estrogen & fsh are good after 3 weeks of drinking an ounce a day..... so, you never know.  best of luck
In order to become pregnant, FSH levels must be lowered - ideally anything under 12 is considered good, but up to 15 is workable - however, higher levels do not mean there's no hope.  Drink the wheatgrass to lower your FSH, it's proven successful in lowering the levels.  The Juice is better than frozen or pills.
A related discussion, FSH and Wheatgrass was started.
A related discussion, asking a question was started.
A related discussion, i brought wheatgrass juice this morning was started.
A related discussion, Success with using wheatgrass to lower fsh was started.