Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
WHEATGRASS anyone?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

WHEATGRASS anyone?

Has anyone out there taken wheatgrass for high FSH?  I just read that it was one of the ways you can lower your FSH, so of course I ran out like a bat out of hell to Whole Foods to buy the delicasy as I am sure this is going to solve ALL of my fertility issues.  What I came home with was frozen cubes of wheatgrass that look like my cat's vomit.  So, here I am with frozen green cat puke and I have no idea how often to drink the stuff, how much of it, in the AM or PM, etc...

Any information would be so appreciated!

:-) kp
Related Discussions
7 Comments
Blank
Why you want to lower your high fsh (and what exactly is ur fsh level). FSH is needed for follicle growth. If your ovarian reserve is low then your fsh is high due to that factor. so lowering of fsh level doesnt make any sense.
Blank
398459_tn?1262189744
My FSH is 15.6...
It was my understanding that a high FSH doesn't necessarily mean low ovarian reserve (though it is likely).  ???
To think I drank cow cud/wheatgrass for no reason...
kp
Blank
In other words you are saying you believe that wheatgrass improves the ovarian reserve (number of ova) and thereby reducing the level of FSH.
Blank
398459_tn?1262189744
No, I am not at all saying that wheatgrass improves ovarian reserve thus reducing the level of FSH.  It was my understanding that a lower FSH may help with the quality of mature eggs that are retrieved not the quantity that are left (as we do not produce more eggs, no matter what our FSH is).  I would guess (only a guess) that the lower your FSH is the better, as the reproductive system is not working so hard to ovulate and do it's "job".  This is why I asked about wheatgrass, which supposedly helps to decrease FSH levels.  
Blank
491928_tn?1266181333
theres an amazing book called Inconceivable its worth your time. I read it and its full of hope and one womans natural way out of infertility. She cures herself when doctors told her nothing could be done. Go check it out if i remember correctly she had a lot of wheatgrass shots, yoga and conceived naturally. It was extremely helpful for me.
Blank
kp ~ i did the same thing.  my highest fsh was 15.7, i read inconceivable & ran out to whole foods & bought it .  it is pretty gross but if you drink it down with a straw and hold your nose (avoid any possibility of smelling it) it's doable.  i just had my day 3 bloods & both my estrogen & fsh are good after 3 weeks of drinking an ounce a day..... so, you never know.  best of luck
Blank
186506_tn?1212934561
In order to become pregnant, FSH levels must be lowered - ideally anything under 12 is considered good, but up to 15 is workable - however, higher levels do not mean there's no hope.  Drink the wheatgrass to lower your FSH, it's proven successful in lowering the levels.  The Juice is better than frozen or pills.
Blank
A related discussion, FSH and Wheatgrass was started.
Blank
1470654_tn?1286722629
A related discussion, asking a question was started.
Blank
1470654_tn?1286722629
A related discussion, i brought wheatgrass juice this morning was started.
Blank
323429_tn?1304698802
A related discussion, Success with using wheatgrass to lower fsh was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now