Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Why is my doc not testing my FSH

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Why is my doc not testing my FSH
Hi Doctor,
I went to a fertility doctor and he doesn't believe that FSH testing can tell me about my infertility. He did an ultrasound and blood work to see if I'm ovulating. The next test is to see if my fallopean tubes are clear. Why wouldn't he want my FSH?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that some doctors believe that the ultrasound evaluation with antral follicle count is superior to the FSH. Also, your doctor may have ordered an AMH level which some doctors feel is better than the FSH to determine your ovarian reserve, or how many follicles are remaning in your ovaries.  
Hope this helps!
Dr B