Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Worried about Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Worried about Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome

Hi lovely ladies!!

I'm trying for my third child.  I gave birth to a son, Dec 05 at age 33.  He was conceived during my 1st ever natural IUI, no meds.  I then had a daughter July 08.  I had 2 failed natural IUI's before that & it was found I was ovulating too quickly at day 9, so my RE used meds to create a controlled cycle.  1st IUI using puregon & buserelin, I conceived & was overjoyed.  I created around 3 mature follies, plus smaller ones. There was a risk of multiples, but a singleton eventuated.  Now, I'm wanting my last child. My 1st cycle using puregon, in June, was cancelled, as I grew about 8 mature follies & smaller  ones.  My clinic is conservative, as I have 2 children, & only want 1 more.  So, my puregon dose was decreased to 50iu.  My second cycle got to IUI, but I'm sure I ovulated before I took the trigger, with 2 follies, it failed.  My second IUI failed with 3 large follies, this time I'm sure I ovulated a day after IUI.  My FSH is 10, with AMH .71, I'm 37.  I've started my first IVF cycle, and should be ready for egg retrieval around January 18, all going well.  My Re has increased my puregon dose up to 225iu each day, and I'm a bit worried about this, as I over-stimulated on 75iu before.  I wonder, has anyone ever suffered from ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome?  I know the serious type is incredibly rare, but am still a bit worried though.  I've read that drinking 3lt of water can help to avoid it.  I'm thinking my RE is using quite a lot of FSH, but he said I have follicle dysfunction, so my follies are acting a bit erratically, and with my high FSH, that dose should be right.  

Good Luck everyone still trying for babies!!!  And Merry Christmas!!