Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
been trying to get prg for a year

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

been trying to get prg for a year
Me and my husband have been trying to get pregnant for a year. I have three year old son so i know i can get pregnant. But i have a mis carriage two years ago.. my doc said it had something to do with chromosomes.. is there something wrong with me.
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would reassure you that there is almost certainly nothing "wrong with you".  Most miscarriages are caused by abnormal chromosomes in the fetus, but this is usually caused by a problem with the individual egg or sperm cell and not the mother or father.  If you have a child, you probably will be able to have more, and probably just need more time. I would start to do some testing though if you have been trying more than a year.  I would test some hormone levels for you, a sperm test for him, and possibly an hsg (dye study) to see if your tubes are open or blocked.
Don't wait any longer to go see your doctor.
Good luck!
Dr B
Thank you for the comment back... my husband has two kuds already with his first marriage the only way i think i conceived my son is with folic acid i was presribed...is over the counter foluc acid just as good?