Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
both fallopian tubes blocked

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

both fallopian tubes blocked

Hello
I m 32 years old and have been trying to conceive for 2 years and just got my hsg report today which says
Despite antispasmodics and different sized canulas , the Fallopian tubes were not visualised just beyond 7 mm from right Cornu and 5 mm from left Cornu
bilateral blocked tubes
I think it means tubes are blocked
Also I have poly cystic ovaries
Is there any way I can conceive naturally or should i go for ivf?

also my doctor told me here it might be because of tuberculosis?

and can you tell me what exactly is ivf procedure?

and what is the success rate of ivf?

my husbands sperm count is 120 million and his motility is 95 % i think which is very good?

Hi!
If you were my patient, I might consider laparoscopy to confirm that the tubes were indeed occluded and why--for example do you have endometriosis?  If the blockage is minimal, it might be reparable.  BUT honestly, if you have the funds, you probably will have a better chance with IVF.  Every clinic has a different protocol and success rate, so can't really comment on that, but when you choose a facility, they will be able to give your their statistics.  By the way, you will want to find out if tuberculosis was the cause--you may need some form of treatment if so.
Good luck!
Dr B
also i want to ask should i go for opening of my blocked tubes by surgery or should i go for ivf?
Dear Doctor,

I spoke to the doctor here in my country she told me that before IVF doing laproscopy is compulsory .
Does that happen everywhere?