Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
cauterization
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

cauterization

I was wondering if cauterization is the same as ablation? I had uterine surgery for a cornual pregnancy and the doctor told me that she cauterized the inside of my uterus to control post op bleeding. Then I was reading about uterine ablation and how you can't have anymore kids if you get the procedure done. I was wondering if the cauerization would affect my future pregnancies? I tried to look this up on the web but I couldn't find a definitive answer. I have had 4 normal periods since my surgery. Now I am stressed thinking that the cauterization is just like ablation???? Please help. (by the way my doctor knows that I still want to have children)
Thank you for your help.