Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
cervix high before menstruation

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

cervix high before menstruation

They said that your cervix is low and hard before menstruation but mine was very high. I just want to know why are the cervix high when its supposed to be low and hard. My menstruation has stopped but my cervix is mid-position now. If somebody could tell me what the reason for it is.
Hi!
I have not heard that one before!  In fact, most women can't feel their cervix, as far as I was ever aware!  The cervix is attached at the top of the vagina by some ligaments, but besides that, the uterus is "free" within the abdomen, and can move around.  Certainly during intercourse, the vagina normally expands and the cervix moves up.
The position of the woman's body is also going to affect the position of her cervix.  Women who have had many children typically have less support, and sometimes their cervix is low, or even protrudes from the vaginal opening at times.
Other things that can affect the position of the cervix and uterus are endometriosis and fibroids.  These can distort the normal anatomy and cause the cervix to be deviated or even fixed in position.

I hope this helps to answer your question!
Dr B
Please help im so confuse.. My cervix is high (in a sense that I need to insert my middle finger further down), soft (everytime I insert my finger everything inside so mushy and wet with white cm) closed (I cant feel any opening.. I just feel a small "dent" in the cervix.

I feel heavy in the belly area.
My breast were sore for 1 week.
I had yellowish brown discharge for one day.
I had several small menstrual like cramp. (it stop already)
I also had 'metal mouth taste' ( im not sure if it's just psychological)

My period is due 6 days from now. and im hoping I'm pregnant..
what do you think? Im becoming restless everyday..

I feel heavy in the belly area.
My breast were sore for 1 week.

Please help..