Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
conceiving a child
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

conceiving a child

I am trying to have a child and wanted to know when is a best time to conceive or how can I keep track of my ovulation to where it is accurate or what can I do to make it easier for me and my fiance
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that you might want to use the ovulation tracker on this site--check under trackers.
Also, you might want to consider using ovulation predictors--which are similar to pregnancy tests--count the first day of your period as Cycle Day One, then follow the directions on the package.  Most will have you start using them on cycle days 11-16 to determine when ovulation actually takes place.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
3 Comments
Blank
Try *******************

The general rule is that you should count 17 days from ur period due date & start testing. Not everyone ovulated on cd14 of a 28 day cycle. I always get my period exactly 14 days after I ovulate so if you count 14 days before your next period you could ovulate around this time. Hope this helps :)
Blank
Fertility friend *
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker