Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
difference between iga &igm

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

difference between iga &igm
I am 35 weeks pregnant. My OG/GYN and high risk dr. are disagreeing about my treatment. I have low levels of anticardiolipin igm antibodies. Am I at risk for fetal loss? What's the difference between the igm and the iga? Is one worse to have than the other? Do low levels mean they should be ignored?
Dear sue2773 - I am afraid I cannot answer this question. This forum is for infertility patients, and my expertise is not in managing third trimester pregnancy and delivery.
I have high levels of IGM and IGG.  The higher they are the more likely you are to have clotting episodes, so I wuld think the lower levels might indicate a problem with inability to clot.  If that's so, they may suggest a vitamin K therapy to help increase your levels.  I sure hope all goes well for you and your baby.