Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
dont understand

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

dont understand
Hi my name is Audry I'm 24yrs old my husband and I have been trying for 5months to get pregnant and can't I have 3 children of my own and he has 5 of his own so we know were fertile just needing help to concieve please does anybody have any advice?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you to slow down and enjoy the ones you have for moment! Most doctors don't get too worried about infertility with their patients unless they have been trying for a year.  This is because--you are correct--you and your partner are  probably both fertile and it is probably just going to take a little more time for you to conceive for whatever reason.
Certainly in the meantime it is a good idea to do all of the health concious things that we all should do anyway--quit smoking, lose weight, exercise regularly, take multivitamins containing folate, etc.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
Try using ovulation predictor kits. They will help you determine your best days for TTC.
Good luck!