Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
dont understand
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

dont understand

Hi my name is Audry I'm 24yrs old my husband and I have been trying for 5months to get pregnant and can't I have 3 children of my own and he has 5 of his own so we know were fertile just needing help to concieve (conceive) please does anybody have any advice?
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you to slow down and enjoy the ones you have for moment! Most doctors don't get too worried about infertility with their patients unless they have been trying for a year.  This is because--you are correct--you and your partner are  probably both fertile and it is probably just going to take a little more time for you to conceive for whatever reason.
Certainly in the meantime it is a good idea to do all of the health concious things that we all should do anyway--quit smoking, lose weight, exercise regularly, take multivitamins containing folate, etc.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
2 Comments
Blank
Try using ovulation predictor kits. They will help you determine your best days for TTC.
Good luck!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...