Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
endometriosis??

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

endometriosis??
I've been diagnosed with endometriosis and I was wondering what are the chances of me getting pregnant. I did get pregnant 3 years ago but I lost the baby 1 week after finding out I was having a girl and since then i haven't been able to get pregnant is there anything I can do?
Hi!
I am SO sorry to hear about your devastating loss!  If you were my patient, I would refer you to an infertility specialist now.  It IS possible that the endometriosis is preventing pregnancy, or at least lowering your chances.
I would suggest a laparoscopy to my own patient, with chromopertubation (dye study to check the patency of the fallopian tubes).  I would have a laser available for ablation of any endometriosis.  There are also some fertility clinics that believe endometriosis causes "immunologic infertility" which can be related to or possiblity caused by endmetriosis. These centers have protocols for medications to help suppress the function of the immune system and boost your chances.
Don't wait
Dr B