Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
estrogen patch
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

estrogen patch

Dr,
   I've written you before...one three year old, 2 chemical pregnancies, stillbirth 20 weeks, cord accident.  OB says that she's never seen a cord so tight before around a neck.  All genetic and chromosonal testing on him came back as normal.  
   My RE has given me the okay to try again..I'm currently on my second pack of birth control and in about two weeks I will start another cycle with injectables and IUI. Both times I've done this I've had "success" even though I've had a chemical pregnancy and stillbirth.  They are saying that there was NOTHING that they could have done to prevent a cord accident.  Anyways here is my question. Both times I've gotten pregnant with IUI they have put me on baby aspirin and progesterone in oil shots starting two days after IUI.  When I've had positive pregnancy tests both times they have said that my estrogen level was super low so they put me on an estrogen patch.  Should I ask my RE about putting me on an estrogen patch during the luteal phase this time?  Would this be helpful because both times I started it at 14 dpo.
    My RE says that she's never heard of a cord accident happening to someone twice...have you?  I'm really scared but I want to try again since all of the testing came back normal.  And you asked about me being tested for APS....that all came back as normal too..so thats good!
Thank you,
Shayla