Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
fertility

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

fertility
Hi, I am 31 n trying for a baby. What can I take to enhance my chances of falling pregnant?
Thanks.
Hi!
There are all kinds of  remedies out there that might or might not work.  I list a few that I have heard of.  Firstly, one should always be taking folic acid when one is "trying"!  One supplement that many IVF clinics are using is DHEA--a naturopath or homeopath might be able to guide you as far as dosage.  This is supposed to boost your adrenal glands and help them boos the ovaries (way simplified explanation)You don't want to overdo this one!  Another is dextromethorphan (cough syrup) is supposed to improve the quality of cervical mucus if taken around the time of ovulation.  Proxeed is a good supplement for HIM.
You probably are also aware of all the lifestyle changes--no drugs, alcohol in moderation (BEFORE pregnancy), plenty of exercise.  One last comment, women who are  close to ideal body weight are more fertile.
Good luck!
Dr B
You are awesome Dr B ! Your replies are informative and precise. Thanks!
Thank you doctor! Really appreciate.
Hi, I'm 25yrs of age and I am trying to get pregnant, what can I do to enhance my chances of starting a family?
You just have to have a sex with your husband when you are fertile.
Take multiple vitamins, pregnacare his and hers? eat the right foods..