Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
fertlisation on ovulation on clomid

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

fertlisation on ovulation on clomid
Hi i have just taken my first course of Norethisterone to bring on a period as i haven't had any periods for 3 yrs and i am not ovulating. The consultant wants me to take Clomid 5mg on day 2 of my bleed. What happens if i don't bleed, do ii start to take Clomid?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you to call me if you didn't respond to the norethisterone within two weeks.  If you don't have a withdrawl bleed, things might be a bit more complicated as far as hormones and medication goes.  Clomid may still work, but we would need to come up with a plan for when you should take it.
Good luck!
Dr B
i contacted my hospital to ask for advice as well and they said if i hadn't seen a bleed after 10 days of stopping the norethisterone, then i have to call them back on Friday, which will be 10 days after stopping the norethisterone to bring on a bleed. I've been getting symptoms, but no sign of a bleed. What do you think could be wrong?