Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
first go at Clomid
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

first go at Clomid

Hi this month was my first cycle on Clomid.  They are not monitored due to my insurance doesn't cover infertility treatments. Anyway so I took Clomid says 5-9, everything seemed fine til about 2-3 days after last dose. Everytime I would have sex I would spot. Then around cycle day 18 we had sex and I started to bleed and not spot. The next day it got heavier and every time I would go to use the restroom I would drop a clot. This only lasted three days. I would like to know if you know why my body reacted to Clomid this way? I did contact my doctors office and they just basically told me not to count it as a period. So im jjust at a lost as to wgen to take my next dose or if there is still a possibility that I can still get pregnant this cycle.  PLEASE HELp IF YOU CAN!!!
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that I often like to use progesterone to induce a withdrawl (withdrawal) bleed prior to starting Clomid so that sometimes this type of bleeding can be avoided.  If you have been having irregular periods, you may have had a bit of a build up of tissue within the uterus which is now sloughing off.  It IS possible to get pregnant on this cycle, but unlikely.  Your doctor's office is going to have to advise you when to start the next cycle--I would still be tempted to use progesterone--to get a withdrawl (withdrawal) bleed and then Clomid again.
Good luck!
Dr B
2 Comments
Blank
Thank you for your response. Maybe ill suggest that to my doctor on my next visit
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank