Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
flopine tubes

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

flopine tubes

flopine tubes one is totally blocked and other is a little bit blocked want to no if i can get any operation to unblock both my tubes .on the nhs would be gratefillfor any help before i go for ivf . i had dye operation though surgery but did not work .
Hi!
I must admit I don't completely understand all of your question, but here is what I would tell a patient of my own:  From the what you are telling me about the report, your tubes are fairly badly damaged.  In this circumstance, I have had the best results when I have referred my patients for IVF.  Because you do have a tube that is partially open, it might be possible to repair it and/or the other tube using microsurgical techniques.  Your best option for that is to go with a fertility specialist.  Fertility surgery is usually not covered by insurance, and IVF is  also not usually a covered benefit.  There are many pros and cons to both approaches, but your best bet is to discuss the case with the doctor who did your dye test.
Good luck!
Dr B