Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
gonal f and small follicle

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

gonal f and small follicle

i am on 13 th day of my cycle and took 11 injections of gonal f 50 iu each  i had an ultrasound 3 days back and i had two 11 mm follicles on my left ovary and a lot of other follicles too and today i had ultrasound and there is no change in follicle size i mean it is same 11 mm?
my doctor gave me menopur 75 iu today and told me to come after 3 days?
is my size ok for 13th day i don't know why they are not growing.
Hi!
I hope your follicles developed a bit further, and probably they did, or the doctors would have cancelled your cycle.  We like to see 1-2 dominant follicles about 2 mm in diameter.  The uterine lining should be about 14 mm. for the best results.  By now I am sure that you have had your hcg and know the results.  Sometimes it pays to go on to IVF and certainly you should consider a fertility expert if you are not already under the care of one.  Every cycle is different, and many women conceive on the cycle after the stimulated one.  Good luck!
Dr B
hello, when i first started the fertility thing i was 5 days and started to have little follicles form...and for the first 5 cycles i stayed on the gonal-f for 7 days and then ovidrel for 1 day and then went in on the 2nd day after the trigger shot for the iui. went i went in my follicles ranged from 10 - 19 and i was producing any where from 11 to 15 follicles.. i just want to say everyone is different. but with me it took 6 iui's to get preg and then i miscarried... i just had my iui 2/1/13 and now i am in the 2ww but this time around he had me use the menapur for the last 5 days to give a little more boost... i had follicles at 18, 17, and 15 and then a bunch of little ones... just remember we are all different and as my dr stated to me... if your body is ready to produce a healthy baby it is going to happen ... i am not sure how old you are but i am 40 and age is a big factor when it comes to getting preg... i wish you the best of luck be positive and dont let the negatives get you down and just keep going after your goal to have a family... i been at this for 2 years and had many disappointments and there are many that have been worse off with more disappointments than what i have had... keep looking straight ahead... good luck!!!
sorry i had my iui on 2/4/13... now i am in my 2ww and on 2/15/13 i will be getting blood work to see if i have a +...good luck !!