high prolactin & low testosterone
Dear Sir

I got married 10 months before & my husband couldn't involve in intercourse due to erectile dyfunction.Then we went for harmone test.It showed that prolactin is greater than 200ng/ml & testosterone is less than .10ng/ml. Please advice whether this can be rectified & if yes how long will it take.

Note: he dont hv hair in his body,his breast little bit ressembles like ladies & his organ is small

pls clarify my doubt

Rathi
Yes this can be solved. He needs to see a medical endocrinologist and he should have an MRI of his pituitary gland, as well as having his prolactin, testosterone, and other hormones repeated including LH, FSH, TSH. He may have a benign tumour called a prolactinoma in his pituitary gland, which is a tiny gland in the base of the skull. If he does, this can often easily be treated with a medication, and once the prolactin level goes to normal, testosterone increases and the erective dysfunction improves. Rarely, if it turns out that he has a larger prolactin secreting tumour, surgery to remove the abnormality is required; usually medication is all that is required though.