Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
hpv and conceiving
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

hpv and conceiving

i AM 35 YRS OLD AND HAVE A 12YR OLD AND HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CONCEIVE FOR 2YRS MY DOC GAVE ME A PILLS TO TAKE ON DAY 5 TO 9 TO HELP ME CONCEIVE AND I AM NOW ON THE LAST PILL AND GOT A CALL SAYING THAT MY PAP CAME BACK WITH HPV,, I HAVE A APPOINTMENT TO GO IN TO THE OFFICE AND WAS TOLD THEY MIGHT DO A BIOPSY ,, MY CONCERN IS I AM OVULATING AT THIS TIME,, WILL IT AFFECT MY CHANCES OF CONCEIVING??
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would try to schedule the biopsy right after your menstrual period, so that your cervix can heal before mid cycle when you would be expected to be ovulating. HPV is sometimes pre-cancerous and needs to be followed up.  Often it is something that can be carefully watched with Pap testing and need not affect your plans for pregnancy.     Follow your doctor's instructions, but be sure that your doctor knows that you want to conceive too, for the timing and type of biopsies to be done.
Good luck!
Dr B                  
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank