Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
hydrasalpinx has returned

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

hydrasalpinx has returned
ive had hydrasalpinx in my left tube draine and clipped with a filshie clip in nov 2010 and ivf been told last week the hydrosalpinx has returned how is this possible? also im experiencing pain in the left area and all round my lower back with severe constipation
Hi!
The fallopian tube has a lining of cells called the mucosa that produce fluid.  If the tube is plugged, the fluid continues to build up inside and creates a hydrosalpinx.  You may need to have the tube removed through an open surgery.
Good luck!
Dr B