im 49, can i still get pregnant?
Im a very healthy just turned last month 49 year old woman. I havnt had a period in a year. Is it to late for me or is there any hope with medical intervention to help me have a Baby?? My Dr. said i would have No problem Carrying; and referred me to a fertility specialist. I havnt gone yet. Im a lil nervious to hear what they are going to say.. I was hoping you could shed a little light for me.

I thank You,
Cindy
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that you will almost certainly need to consider using donor eggs.  If you haven't had a period in a year that means that your ovaries are almost completely "empty" and there are very few eggs left.  Any remaining ones would be likely to be abnormal.
If you are willing to consider donor eggs, you could probably have a baby within a year.
Good luck!
Dr B
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.