Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
is there anything i should worry about

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

is there anything i should worry about

I got pregnant last year and miscarried. I then began having problems with my cycle. So I went to the doctor and she ran test and eventually had to do surgery to do a DNC and also removed cysts off my left ovary. When I went back she asked me if I was pregnant when she did my surgery. My question is is there anyway that it could be because of the miscarriage a few months before or was it that I was pregnant and didn't know that I was?

Hi!
If you were my patient, the first thing I would do is ask your doctor why she asked you that question.  Was there something unusual on the pathology report?  It is pretty standard procedure most places I know of to do a pregnancy test immedialey pre-op.  Usually while the patient is waiting.  I would also ask if this was done.
Depending on the answers to these questions, i could help you to sort out the issue.  Usually tissue from a miscarriage would not persist for more than a few weeks.  It is difficult to speculate without more information.
Hope this helps!
Dr B                                                                
Thank you for your help I will look into it more and find out more about why she asked and anything else I might need to know