Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
ivf

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

ivf

We are going to be starting our third IVF. All have failed so far. The issue is our embryos arrest after day 3. What can we do to help them survive? My re wants to do a 3 day transfer this time. Please help!
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that there is very little that you can do to improve embryo quality.  Embryo quality is very dependent upon the age of the woman who donates the egg--and there is just no way around that.  A day three transfer might be advantageous since transferring the embryos to a "natural" environment sooner might encourage them to develop.  
One option to consider is accupuncture prior to and after your cycle--some studies seem to indicate a benefit.
Don't rule out the possibility of donor eggs--in a case like this the end (a baby) justifies the means.
Good luck!
Dr B