Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
low sperm count

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

low sperm count
My bf got his sperm count results back and they were low. His doctor asked me to get a blood test done to check i was ovulating and i am. What could happen next and is there any way of improving his count?
Hi!
In some cases men can take medications to increase their sperm count.  Other options include IntraUterine Insemination IUI or Inta-cytoplasmic sperm injection ICSI in an IVF cycle. There are lots of options for men with low sperm counts!
Good luck!
Dr B
Well it depends on the sperm count and how low it is. In my case we went to a specialists and was order bloodwork to check DH hormone levels. DH hormone levels were fine and now we are schd to have a sperm biopsy/sperm extraction on thursday so we can begin IVF. Good Luck but there is hope
Thank you for your comments. Hormone levels? is thats the 21day blood test to see if your ovulating? if so i have already done this. so next step is hopefully the same thing your having. It just feels like ghost town with this issue as the doctors don't really tell you much. And good luck i hope it works for you hun xx