Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
no ovulation
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

no ovulation

I was on depo for a long time. i have been off of it for ten years. it took two years for me to have a period. before that i was regular every month. since then they were off and on for a few years. They come and go now i barely spot here and there. I have had regular pap smears and ultra sounds in the past. they have said everything looks normal. But to ovulate you need to have a menstrual cycle. after the two yrs. off birth control i had a hormone shot. I dont know what to do i believe me and my husband could have a child. but i dont know the steps i should take and we have been together for 6 years. I pray everyday. i had a bad childhood. I have 3 wonderful nephews. i would love to be a mother. i am almost thirty years old and i am scard its not going to happen please help if you have any suggestiions.
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi1
If you were my patient, I would begin a workup for infertility.  I do some blood work such as prolactin, thyroid functions and fsh/lh levels to see if I could determine why you are not ovulating.  The most common reason for failure to ovulate is a syndrome called PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome).  We treat patients with this syndrome with medications such as metformin/clomid or femara and these medications can help them ovulate and have a baby.  There is no good reason why you shouldn't be able to conceive according to the history you have given me.  
Your ob/gyn doctor can begin a workup for you, or a reproductive endocrinologist could help you as well.  Good luck!
Dr B
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank