Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
not pregnant
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

not pregnant

I was on birth control since I was 14 i'm 21 now I got of my birth control in December but haven't conceived yet should I b worried?
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
The statistic is 85% of healthy normal couples will conceive within one year of "trying".  So, if you were my patient, I would tell you not to worry. In many cases birth control is protective--in other words, being on is healthier than being off.  If you still hadn't conceived after a year, I would start checking some hormone levels, and a sperm count, etc.
Good luck!
Dr B
3 Comments
Blank
I been trying to get pregnant  for 7 months  with no luck and I have irregular period I'm 20
Blank
I been trying to get pregnant  for 7 months  with no luck and I have irregular period I'm 20
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now