Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
ovulation 4 days after LH surge detected

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

I was put on 5mg Femara from Day 3 to Day 7. On Day 16 I got a + LH surge from Clr blue EZ test. Had Intcrs with DH on Day 15, 16, and 17.  On Day 17 I had a cramp on the right side. On Day 18 I had a streak of blood and off and on spotting, and Day 19 (today) had a little more noticable spotting that stopped by late afternoon.

My cycles are usually anovulatory with sometimes up to 19 days of bleeding starting on Day 19, but with the LH detected I am hopefull that maybe this month I O'd.  

Could I have ovulated today.. to be honest it feels like I have my per, but it it did come and go for the past two days?
Hi!
If you took the Femara on days 3-7, and if it worked, ovulation should have occurred on day 14.  Your predictor should have surged on day 12 or 13. And you should start you period on day 28.

Femara and Clomid ( if they work ) work like clockwork.  Plus or minus a day or two.
If you were my patient, I would probably want to follow your progress with ultrasound to see what kind of follicles are developing and when.  You should have a nice big (2cm) follicle by day 12 or so.  I should disappear and be replaced by a corpus luteum cyst on day 14 or so.  I would then do a progesterone level on day 21 to be sure that ovulation occurred and that the CL cyst was functioning well.

Hope this helps!

Dr B
You really should consider charting your BBT, since it is the only way to know for sure that you have ovulated.  The cramping on 17 could have been ovulation pain and the spotting could also be from ovulation.  An LH surge does not mean you will for sure ovulate, it only means that your body is trying to ovulate.  Again, you must keep track of your temperature so that you can know for sure.

Good Luck!
I stopped my period on Day 9, had an LH surge on Day 16, and likely ovulated on Day 17 or 18.  Had break through bleeding from Day 18-20 and my doctor said that mid-cycle bleeding occurs when estro dips and prog rises. when they are both rise it stops which is what happened to me.  Right now I'm probably at the point where my lining is close to its thickest, so hopefully I'll have implantation today or within the next week. My Cerv fluid is milky and abundant.  My mood is mildly sad and I feel a bit like I need some good TLC. Most likely from the rise in progest.  Doc says I have a good chance of getting preg. So I think I'm going to stay positive and if not I'll try again
A related discussion, Can I ovulate without  LH Surge was started.
A related discussion, pregnancy was started.