Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
ovulation? ttc help

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

ovulation? ttc help

I quit my birth control at the end of December me and my fiance are trying to conceive. it was Ortho Tri Cyclen. I had a menstrual cycle February 10th and March 6. I have been taking ovulation test but they've all been negative. am I fertile? I know it hasn't been that long but it seems like it's been a year to me. I'm 27 now I already have 2 children. I had 1 when I was 18 and the other when I was 21. September of 2011 I had a miscarriage and had to have a D&C done. can I still get pregnant?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that if you have been pregnant three times, the chances that you will be able to conceive again are very high.  Statistics are that 85% of healthy fertile couples will conceive within one year, so you probably just need more time.  Ovulation predictors can be difficult to interpret, but your doctor could do a CD 21 progesterone level for you to confirm ovulation if you wanted.  A regular cycle is an excellent sign that you are ovulating.
Try not to get too stressed--that is not going to help.
Good luck!
Dr B
This posting was so helpful for me. I have 3 children from a previous marriage. Been married to my current husband for a year and half now. We were trying to conceive and got pregnant twice, went in for a visit and found heartbeat had stopped, so had to have a D&C. Last miscarriage was back in Aug, we don't want to give up and want to try again. So we have been but no luck, and feeling frustrated because my ovulation test is negative but I do have normal periods. I am in my fertile window now but wonder if I really am fertile now.