Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
ovulation? ttc

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

ovulation? ttc
I quit my birth control in December me and my fiance are trying to conceive. but every ovulation test I have taken has come out negative since December. did I just not catch when I ovulated? I had a period February 10th and then again on March 6. is there something wrong with me? I have only been on birth control for a little under a year. it was Ortho Tri Cyclen.
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that the problem sounds like it is with the ovulation predictors and not with your ovulation.  Since you had a period in Feb and then approx. 28 days later, that suggests that you ovulated both months.  I would recommend using your first morning urine and testing on cycle days 11-16 (cycle day 1 is the first day of your period).
You can also use our ovulation tracker (check under trackers -- this site)
and/or your doctor could do a progesterone level (blood test0 to confirm ovulation.
Good luck!
Dr B