Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
ovulation

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

ovulation

My husband and I have had fertility ussues for a while ,  I was told that I wasnt ovulating a few years ago and recently I have been using an opk and I found out I ovulate on The 4 or 5 day of my cycle. Can I still get pregnant and do u have any suggestions?
Hi!
I am not sure how you are counting your cycle--usually the first day of your period is day one of your cycle.  Day four would probably put you right in the middle of your period.  IF you are counting from the end of your cycle (I used to do that before med school) then that would actually put your ovulation at day 11 or 12 which is a bit early, but within the normal range.  I would probably want to confirm your ovulation with a progesterone test, and possibly follow you with ultrasound through a cycle.  Finally, at this point in the game, I might consider a dye study to make sure the tubes are not blocked, and a semen analysis if this hasn't been done.  I would probably offer you  IUI (intrauterine insemination) if you have been trying for more than 6 months.
Good luck!
Dr B
I think you may have gotten false positives on your OPKs, if they've shown positive on day 4 or 5, since this is too early in the cycle for an egg to be mature and release. How long are your cycles normally? From the day you start your period till the last day before you start the next one.
I have been getting a consistant positive now for a few months . My periods are irregular can very from 28 to 48 days but usually somewhere in between.
Opk says ovulate the 4th or 5 th day of my period ...