Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
pcos...and weed? help please

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

pcos...and weed? help please

ok..heres my problem. im 22 and was diagnosed with pcos. iv waighed 190lbs since i was 12, havent had a periode since i was 12. they tried bc, and metformine, but bc didnt help, and metformine..i just stopped taking. stopped about 2 years ago. and just havent had a periode. well..iv been raised to see weed as bad, and so never smoked or did ANY drugs. tho i have smoked ciggs since i was 16. well i met a guy 3 months ago, he smokes weed. well about a month ago i tried it..and i loved it. first time got way to high i felt drunk. but after that it mellows me out and i can focus which helps my adhd lol. well, now my question is...about a week Ago i started like light spotting, and i know tmi but i need advice here..like black globs..also come out. its like my body is trying to have a periode. does anyone know about weed helping with pcos? cause this is waaay out the norm but in a good way. any advice would help. and no im not trying to justify weed, but i think it truley is helping me..
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would have to tell you that I would be very concerned for you for several reasons.  First, you should stop smoking cigarettes! Second, the period and the marijuana are probably coicidental and not related to each other.  You should definitely continue to work with an ob/gyn if you truly haven't had a period since you were 12.  There may be something more going on than PCOS.  Finally, marijuana is very addicting and because it persists in your system for quite awhile, the addiction is one of the worst to overcome.  I am doubtful that you will listen to me instead of your boyfriend, but you did post here and that is some cause for hope.  I hope at least you will get another opinion from another doctor.
Good luck!
Dr B