Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
pregnancy after tied tubes

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

pregnancy after tied tubes

Hello i was fixed in jan 13 an i shouldnt of my husband an i r havin second thoughts bout it if we was to redo them is the sooner the better? We really would like to add to our family!!
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would want to strangle you!  But, instead, I would discuss option with you.  Whether or not your tubes can be repaired depends upon the type of surgery that you had and how much tube was destroyed in the process.  The best thing to do would be to have this discussion with the doctor who did your surgery since that person will be familiar with your anatomy and the type of procedure used.
I would say that the sooner the better is true, since you may have a bit of a road ahead of you.  Just so you know, the tubal re-anastomosis is expensive and not covered by insurance.  
Good luck!
Dr B