Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
progesterone injections
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

progesterone injections

Hi,
I am currently 13wks3d pregnant with my first child via IVF.  The 13w3d is counting from my LMP, which is how my fertility clinic calculated how far along I am.  I was released by my fertility docs when I was 9wks, and was told to continue the progesterone injections and Vivelle hormone patches until I reached the end of the first trimester.  I was looking ahead in my pregnancy book last night and saw the first trimester wasn't over till the end of the 13th week.  I am freaking out because I stopped the injections and patches when I hit the beginning of week 12.  I don't know what I was thinking.  I feel so stupid and naive.  I have done so much to get this far and hope that I didn't mess things up.  This is so unlike me to be this careless.  This is a new territory for me and I feel like I should have questioned my docs when to actually stop the meds.

My questions are:  
1. When is the first trimester over?
2. Do you think I'm OK with stopping the shots and patches this early?
3. Should I call my doc?

Thanks for your help.