Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
provera?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

provera?

dear doc, my last cycle was March 6. I am 56 days late I think. I went to the doctor yesterday and they prescribed me provera. I have to take 2 pills a day. 5 milligram pills for 15 days. my question is when will my cycle return? or how long does it take before the medicine starts working? thank you for your help. and if you can give me any information on this medicine please do. thank you very much.
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that you may start your period (technically a withdrawl (withdrawal) bleed) any time from while you are taking the medication until two weeks after your last pill.  Most people find that they start toward the end of the pills or shortly after finishing them.

If you haven't had a period within two weeks of the last pill, call your doctor.
Good luck!
Dr B
2 Comments
Blank
5033762_tn?1370788622
thank you
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG