Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
several positive opks

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

several positive opks
i have been using opks from cd 9 and started getting faint lines until i got a strong positive then they stayed positive for over a week, now they are lighter also i didnt have the usual cervical mucas this month, does all this mean i havent ovulated this month?
OPKs do not always do the expected. They are aids, but should not be taken 'as Gospel.' If your periods are regular, you have probably ovulated. When the OPKs are sending mixed messages, you have two choices: one is to assume ovulation if your periods are regular and have intercourse every 2 days from days 12-20. A second approach is to have a blood test for progesterone on day 21-23 which will tell you for sure if you ovulated this month. Try the OPK again next month - if it is still sending you mixed messages then it is not helping and you should abandon it. If it works as it should, it should only be positive for 2-3 days and the way to time intercourse is to have intercourse the day of and the day after it first turns positive.
Did you have many strong positives?  Normally, I only have 2 days of strong positives, but this current cycle, I had 5 days of + OPK. Unfortunately, the only really way to tell is to get your blood drawn.  The OPK only tests the rising of the Lutenizing Hormone, not the actual release of an egg.

If you are going to be testing a lot, I would recommend a saliva ferning microscope.  They are only $30 and you can reuse it endlessly.  It's also a lot more fun than peeing on a stick!  Good luck!

still getting strong positives on opks i am also now getting cm so i think i am just ovulating very late in my cycle or am nearing ovulation and am bding every other day just in case.
Could you be pregnant?  When I got pregnant, my opks turned positive and stayed positive...
A related discussion, I'm going crazy! was started.
A related discussion, positive opks for 8 days in a row was started.