Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
still ttc
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

still ttc

Hi I'm 20 and lately my period comes every 30-32 days. I'm trying to figure out the best time to try. I started my period Nov. 29th. So I'm wondering what's my window of oppurtunity and how can I boost my chances? Weve been trying for about 5 months now and im becoming worried. Any help is greatly appreciated.
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If I was your doctor, I would suggest a few different options  First, if you consider the FIRST day of your mentrual period to be day one of your cycle, then days 11-16 are typically the most fertile time.  You can use ovulation predictors which are similar to pregnancy tests.  You can also use something like our ovulation tracker: http://www.medhelp.org/user_trackers/gallery/ovulation
if you wish, to help you pinpoint when you are ovulating.
I also like to check a progesterone level for my patients, to be certain that ovulation DID occur.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
2 Comments
Blank
O and also it lasts 7 days
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT