trying to concieve
My boyfriend and i have been trying to concieve for 8 months. I have been trying for the past few years to concieve and have been having unprotected intercourse since i was 15. (i know thats bad) I was pregnant once and i lost the twins, but now im scared that if i do get pregnant i will lose them, or that im not fertile enough to concieve. I would appreciate any advice.
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise going to see your doctor for a check up and health maintenance evaluation.  He/she could then update everything for you -- depending upon your age -- you might need a pap, STI screening, Gardisil vaccine, etc.
Once your doctor has gotten you up to date, he/she can advise you whether there are any tests indicated to evaluate you for infertility, or whether you just need to try a bit longer.
One thing you can do on your own is start using ovulation predictors (near pregnancy tests in the drug store) to help with timing of intercourse.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
A related discussion, pregnant was started.
A related discussion, pls help was started.