Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
trying to get pregnant

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

trying to get pregnant

My fiance and I have been trying for two years and my body is just saying no i guess and not getting pregnant I do have an irregular period meaning it doesn't always come the same time every month is that a possible problem or reason y we havent been successful
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that irregular periods certainly could be a cause for delayed conception.  If your period is irregular, it often indicates that you are not ovulating regularly.  It will take longer to conceive  under those circumstances.  Your doctor might be able to help you with some medications that boost ovulation (such as Clomid)
Good luck!
Dr B